Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Falling into Fall

Last week was so cold.  I thought we were skipping Fall.

But not so.  It's much better this week.

I had the chance to visit my mom up north in Idaho for a few days.
AND I took it!
It was a wonderful visit.
I also got to visit with my brother and his sweet wife and all my sisters.
Family is wonderful.

So is the Temple.
Mom, Pam and I were able to spend time at the Idaho Falls Temple.


This summer has been different... I keep reminding myself that Erik doesn't hurt anymore.  
No more pain. 
No more treatments. 
No more wondering what is around the next corner concerning the stupid cancer. 
He doesn't hurt anymore and is happy.  
That is what keeps me going. 
I miss him terribly.  
It's not just me that's missing him.
We all miss him.
We all miss his shining smile. 
We miss his quick wit.  
We miss his wisdom.  
But now you belong to heaven
It’s empty without your smile
The truth brings us to tears
All the love you gave us all these years

I am grateful for the knowledge of the plan of happiness.  
I know Erik lives on and is engaged in continuing the work he started, that of being a light to others and being a missionary....teaching others to love and to look to Christ.  

It is a joy to look through his phone.  I love all the pictures and screenshots and just random things I find. 
It makes me laugh.
And smile.
His journals are a treasure.  
I decided to share snippets with the world....to continue his blog.  ( Erik's blog )
He has readers from all over.  
I feel that they are still interested in his life and they miss him too. 
It's a healthy way to grieve. 
I love remembering all the good times...even the hard times, because we made it through.  
We clung to each other.  
We clung to the Savior.  
We grew.  
Our faith and hope grew.
Our love for our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ grew.
Our love for each other grew.

Neighbors and family have been such a wonderful support. 
I can tell they truly care.  
I love that.  
I hope that I can someday "pay it forward".  

It's been fun to watch Hayden and Ashley welcome a new little one into their lives!  They are new parents!!!  Little Crosby is such a cutie. 


Justin is in college now!  He moved into an apartment in town.  Wow...Dennis and I are officially empty nesters.  Weird.  But it's all good.  Justin is doing great, enjoying more independence and preparing to serve a mission in the near future. 

We had our traditional family reunion the 24th of July.  
It was hard doing this without Erik.  
But I have to remember that I have other children and grandchildren and a husband to keep up traditions.  
We had a good time.  
We didn't go very far because of Ashley expecting a baby.  
We rented a house near Sand Hollow Reservoir.  
It was great to have Chris and Allie and their cute little ones come down from Sandy.  
It's awesome to spend time with one another.  
I love my family.  
I got lots of pictures, but failed to get a group shot of all of us in the same picture.  
I guess that's why there's photoshop?  haha  
I will...from now on... get a family picture with all of us, no matter if I feel someone is missing.









This summer has been good.  Beautiful sunsets. 

 

A new love for hiking and biking.



Revamping the yard.  (poor Dennis, he puts up with all my projects, but supportive ;)

Warm nights. Fun in the water....and mud. 

Fun family times





Garden vegetables.  They are happy plants!

Short vacations and quick trips








Girl's Camp.  I love having "new knees".
I am so happy that my knee replacement surgery two years ago has allowed me great opportunities again!
I love hiking and I love our beautiful world!
Outdoors is the place to be!



Love watching the progress on our new temple.  December!


 So proud of these two.  #erikgraychallenge  What an inspiration they are!



And of course, following Hayden's adventures.  
He's a world traveler with his professional running.


I love this wall hanging.  A great friend gave this to us.  

There is a sense of peace that can be gained.  We were there to support him in all treatments and decisions.  I know he lived out his last days as he wished.  I take comfort knowing his pain was controlled, and I know he knew that I loved him.

Gone, but not forgotten. Love you Erik.

No comments:

Post a Comment